Location: Wilmington, DE
Position: Full-time Pastor
The congregation of the historic Shiloh Baptist Church is prayerfully seeking its ninth Pastor in the church’s 147-year history. This Spirit-filled servant leader will be responsible for faithfully implementing God’s vision through preaching and teaching with integrity God’s Word and lovingly caring for the spiritual, physical, and emotional needs of the congregation and the greater community.
How to Apply
Candidates interested in the Full-time Pastor position can find details for the application process on Shiloh’s website: www.shilohwilm.org, Pastoral Application section. The Pastoral Application Section includes two key documents:
• Shiloh Baptist Church Profile: a comprehensive review of Shiloh and the local community and information on Pastoral expectations and responsibilities
• Shiloh Baptist Church Pastoral Application Form
Completed applicant packets may be submitted either electronically or by mail.
• Physical Candidate Packets should be mailed to:
Shiloh Baptist Church
c/o Pastoral Search Committee
215 W. 23rd Street
Wilmington, DE 19802
Required documents and information
All interested and qualified persons must submit an initial Candidate Packet consisting of the following
• Cover letter – brief statement sharing your call to serve at Shiloh Baptist Church.
o Include links to examples of ministerial work including sermons, Bible Studies, or lectures.
• Completed Pastoral application (Pastoral application can be downloaded from church’s website as listed above). The application is available as a fillable .pdf and requests the following information:
o Copies of ministerial licenses held
o Copies of diplomas and degrees
o Three letters of reference (Letters of recommendation should be submitted directly by reference to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide contact information for your references in application.)
o Completion of three short essay questions
• Current resume or curriculum vitae
• A recent color photograph of yourself
• All submitted information will be treated confidentially. Background checks will be performed as detailed in the Pastoral application.
Deadline for receipt of application submissions is Saturday, December, 31, 2022